miércoles, 29 de septiembre de 2010

Charcoal Grill, BBQ Smoker, how do I get the coals burning?

charcoal grill and smoker
Charcoal Grill, BBQ Smoker, how do I get the coals burning?

The use of gas grills over the years has become ever more popular, but for the die-hard barbecue enthusiast there is nothing quite like the smell and taste of a charcoal grill. For me when it is time for the next barbecue and I have decided to use my charcoal grill (yes I have both a charcoal grill and a gas grill), I find myself following an unplanned ritual. Maybe it is because I have been making barbecues for many years, maybe there is something mystical about preparing and lighting the fire, but I always find that I follow the same procedure … maybe it is because it works for me.

I start by placing the firelighter’s in a specific pattern on the grid so as to ensure that when the charcoal is placed on the top there are no areas that will not be lit.

I then stack the charcoal on top of the firelighters to make a pyramid making sure that I do not place too much charcoal on the grill at this time as this will just smother the firelighters.

I then light the fire from the bottom making sure that all the firelighters are all lit and then stand back and observe my achievement.

Once the first few coals are lit and burning I then gradually add more charcoal making sure to not add too much charcoal at a time as this will smother the lit coals. One thing that I have learnt over the years is to make sure that there is ample clearance between the pyramid of charcoal with the firelighters and the base of the grill. This allows air to be drawn in from the bottom by the flames and the fire takes much easier. In other words attempting to make a fire directly on a flat surface is much more difficult. This is where the Weber One Touch charcoal grill comes into its own. This charcoal grill has a specially designed fire grill on which to light the fire. It is positioned above the base of the grill pan and the grill has adjustable air grooves cut into the bowel which allows you to adjust the amount of air that the fire needs. Open it and the fire burns quicker, close it and the fire burns slower.

You can find more information on this and many other Charcoal Grill and Gas Grills including the BBQ Smoker range by clicking on these links.

If you enjoy a barbecue as much as we do, please check out our links for a comprehensive range of Gas Grills, BBQ Smoker and Charcoal Grill including the Weber Grill, http://www.thebbqgrillshop.com

Related posts

http://www.thebbqgrillmaster.com/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario